Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Schlafly Big Muddy Adventures paddlestop.com The Nature Conservancy In Missouri StilL 630 ust EquipmentShare Terrain Magazine Midwest Paddle Adventures Pfefferkorn Engineering & EnvironmentalSome Beach Outfitters Llama Racks Lewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center healthyriverspartnership.com<Paddle KC
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stoked to join the MR340, especially since the YRQ is..... (Read 701 times)
06/21/21 at 23:06:32

DBPalmer   Offline
Future Participant

My crew, which was Liam and I for two YRQ's (2018 & 2019), with Liam as the youngest finisher (15 years old on race start day in 2018), expanded in 2019 with the intention for my oldest daughter to join the fray as she turned 15 that year.... but as you know, 2020 and 2021 happened, which shut down the YRQ as we know it. As we just moved south from Alaska after nearly twenty years raising kids and leading treks up there, we were scrambling to find more races and events now that we're closer to so much more. I signed us up for the MR340 and we're super stoked to join the mix for this year's race. I'll also be paddling with Rod Price in the AL650 later this year, and I can't wait to start racing more regularly now that we're in the Lower 48. If you haven't seen our Youtube videos on the YRQ, and more, check them out at our channels: (1) Backcountry Professor and (2) Liam's Channel: Nordic Liam Vlogs.

We'll be filming a similar set of stories of our journey, but this is a very different race, and we've gone through so much since our first race. We can't wait to meet you all and to get started!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/27/21 at 21:11:51

Jeff Behrns   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
St. Louis, MO

I can tell by your videos you're gonna enjoy the 340.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/06/21 at 13:46:49

DBPalmer   Offline
Future Participant

Jeff Behrns wrote on 06/27/21 at 21:11:51:
I can tell by your videos you're gonna enjoy the 340.

We sure hope so. Thanks! Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print