Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfitters
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shuttle to Start (Read 173 times)
06/22/20 at 17:12:32

Kentucky Paddler   Offline
Future Participant

I was able to participate in the MR340 for 2016-2018 due in large part to support of the Behrns family and the Milby family.  Time to honor them and give back to the sport and the 340.  This is for those still working on the logistic of getting to the start line but needing your car to be at the finish line.

On Monday, August 3rd (if there are any takers), I will be at the Lewis & Clark Boat House at the finish line at 7:30am.  I’ll transport up to three boats, five people and their gear from the finish line at the Boat House to the start line at Kaw Point, allowing your vehicle to remain at the finish line.  Boat transport will be on a converted jet ski trailer which can accommodate one kayak/canoe on the lower carpeted bunks, and two other boats on the upper J-racks.  Straps will be provided (keep yours with your vehicle), and extra padding will also be available.  I’ve used this setup on numerous trips with my Epic 18X and various similar boats.
We’ll head west no later than noon on Monday, getting to Kaw Point no later than 4 PM.

There is no cost, just paying it forward.  Sorry, can’t ground crew; I must be at work Tuesday morning about the start time for solos.

Contact me if this will help.
•      Reply on the Forum
•      wmjackson55@yahoo.com
•      270 – six one nine – four 8 four four (text initially)

Finally, I’m not on Facebook, but feel free to share this at the site.

Bill Jackson
Boat #2621

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/23/20 at 21:06:26

Dead Last Johnnie O   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
3X Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran
See me on land? Tell me
GET BACK IN BOAT!!!
Belton,Mo

I posted this to the MR340 Facebook page.

Regards,

DLJ

The faster you can go, the less time you'll be in pain-FlyinLow
 Don't stop--West Hansen 
 DEAD LAST > DID NOT FINISH > DID NOT START
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06/23/20 at 22:07:32

Future Participant

Great; thanks.  Already have one happy paddler, so we're on.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/27/20 at 12:02:50

wcopaddler   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Colorado

Don't need a shuttle, but I wanted to say I think it's awesome that you've made this offer.  It's things like this that make the 340 family so great!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06/28/20 at 10:24:39

mark and brigitte   Offline
7X MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

I agree.  Don't need shuttle, but think that yours is a great way to help and really epitomizes the experiences we've had in the 340.
Good luck to all.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06/28/20 at 15:33:59

Future Participant

Thanks for the kind words.  I’ve learned the Midwest is full of great people, and that the cream that crop show up at the 340. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print