Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfitters
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LTB Tandem Kayak/Canoe (Read 228 times)
06/22/20 at 12:39:48

Dill14stl   Offline
Future Participant

First off let me put out the disclaimer that while I am not new to the river or canoeing I am new to the racing scene so if I sound like a relative noob well I am one. Me and my buddy did the Mean Lamine Saturday in a traditional old town rec canoe (plastic) and as Im sure many of you would have guessed we worked ourselves to death to no avail. It was an incredibly humbling experience. We are already entered in the MR340 and have done multiple 3+ day canoe trips in wide flat bottom canoes but are looking to upgrade to something with some more speed. I have done some research and am leaning towards finding a used Minnesota 2 but am open to ideas. If anyone could offer advice on tandem kayak vs canoe vs tandem surfski then I would be all ears. I think that the canoe offers more versatility as far as my normal use aside from just racing but I could be convinced to go many different routes. If anyone has anything for sale or simply advice for a newcomer Id appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: 06/23/20 at 07:02:34 by Dill14stl »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 06/22/20 at 17:15:31

safari89   Offline
Future Participant

I have a Wenonah Jensen 18 for sale.  Excellent condition, tuffweave layup.  Pictures and info are on Craigslist Springfield Missouri and Facebook Market Place if interested.  I've gone the same route as you in choice of boats.  I just enjoy paddling a canoe more and for me it works better for river camping trips.  Good luck with your race whatever you end up paddling.  danny dea

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 06/25/20 at 13:01:22

MurKee Water   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Buy this boat.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 06/25/20 at 13:04:27

MurKee Water   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Unless you want to be real studs and join the aluminum kids.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 06/25/20 at 18:07:58

Dill14stl   Offline
Future Participant

haha I have been doing a lot of reading and it does seem like the Jensen is about as fast as they come canoe-wise. It will be more practical for other usage and unless somebody is here to tell me that a tandem kayak would just be far superior speed wise then I will probably go the canoe route. Thanks for the input!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 06/25/20 at 19:03:54

safari89   Offline
Future Participant

It's still available.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 06/29/20 at 19:38:11

slebos   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
2X Kawlloween Veteran
2X MR340 Record Holder
Kawlloween Record Holder

I used a minn2 and finished in 43 hours.. The jenson is a little bit faster boat.. you should be fine

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 06/30/20 at 12:38:23

Dill14stl   Offline
Future Participant

Nice job slebos, did you even grab a wink of sleep? Impressive!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print