Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfitters
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2019 race info?? And Props to Landick the Legend! (Read 249 times)
11/18/19 at 11:19:46

Marcus   Offline
Future Participant
Orange County, CA

I've been following the news stories and couple bits of info I have found, but all the 2019 info still references 40+ competitors, not the 4 that actually attempted the 2019 Ice Gauntlet 340.

Very impressive showing by everyone who started.

Does anyone know specifically which boat Landick paddled? It looks like a Crozeir V1 Corbin to me, but I'm curious if anyone knows exactly which make/model it is. (or is it a Savage River JDII or Corbin Coatworks Corbin?)

Also, does anyone have more pics/info of the pedal paddle boat? That thing is nifty. 

Last, Landick is a LEGEND. I mean, he has been for a while, but this has to be one of the harder races when you factor in the temp, tippy boat, risks of cold water, and continuous push. (Vore too). I'd be curious to know what he thought of this race compared to the other extreme navigations he's done over the many years. Anyone know how old he is now? hes gota be over 60, no? Again, extremely impressive feat!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/26/19 at 18:55:01

Jeff Behrns   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
St. Louis, MO

It was a hell of a race to watch.  I believe it was a V1A mixer with the wider stern which Landick heavily modified.  They pretty much ran a 100% perfect on tactics.  Looked effortless.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print