" />

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfitters
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Crazy Paddlers & Snow Bunnies (Read 713 times)
04/01/18 at 08:21:15

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Was jonesing bad to get on the water yesterday. Not the greatest weather, rain moving in, but if you're signed up for the 340 then no explaination needed.

Wife thought I was crazy but agreed to transport and dropped me in St. Charles at Blanchette Landing. Couldn't believe there was another paddler, Andy C, wearing a dry suit and ready to jump in on his S18S! We paddled together a few miles, separated, then re-joined through the rain. Got out at Sioux Passage Park, about 2.5 hours. Great day, thanks for the company, Andy!

So snow is forecast for this afternoon. Wouldn't that make for an epic paddle? Bueller? Bueller? Andy? Got to sweet talk my wife and see if she's willing to tolerate this craziness on consecutive days Cheesy.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 04/01/18 at 09:11:24

AndyC   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran

I was surprised to see you at first, then I thought about it and figured I really shouldn't be surprised at all.  Its was windy, rainy, and cold, and I had a great time. Nice day to get out.

Great paddling with you.  Wouldn't mind getting out in the snow just cant make it happen today..however.... if that changes Ill let you know!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 04/01/18 at 22:27:59

MurKee Water   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Nice job guys, gotta get it when you can, life's too short to sit on the couch!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print