Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SUP Cross Training (Read 319 times)
01/06/18 at 10:10:47

Idratherbike   Offline
MR340 Veteran

I'll be competiting in a V1a mixer this year but my partner will be 2hours away.

I'll be able to get some tandem time in with my local parter but I was considering getting a SUP for cross training. Keeping an inflatable in my truck would allow me to swing down to the perche right after work. As opposed to the hassle of picking up the canoe etc etc.

Anyone have any thoughts on using a SUP as cross training for a canoe? There are some pretty affordable options for inflatables which makes it very temping... it seems like the stroke would translate well to a canoe.

Has anyone used a sup for cross training? Let me know your thoughts(or if you have one for sale ).

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 01/06/18 at 15:05:07

Jaybee   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Knoxville, TN

Any kind of cross training will be good - certainly better to do something if for some reason you cannot get into your regular boat.

I have a friend who is a very good SUP paddler (Took 3rd in Chattajack Unlimited SUP).  He got a V7 to cross train in and for the ability to get out on the water in winter.  But - he doesn't do that great as a surfski paddler.  For him, paddling the V7 is great for fitness but he just can't get his stroke dialed in to be efficient.  Overall still a plus to have the ski to use but it does not compare very well to his SUP.

Jim
Boat # 3489
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print