Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Addiction (Read 1637 times)
09/17/17 at 12:24:18

NautiWoody   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Gardner, KS

Confession of an addict:

Currently at a 7 year old's bowling birthday party (not my child).  Drawing up new seat plans on a cocktail napkin.  Didn't like what I had drawn so I asked the waitress for another napkin.  My wife has been saying I have an addiction.  At this point I agree.

Would love to hear everyone else's signs of addiction to paddling. Could probably become a very interesting/comical list.  A bit of a Jeff Foxworthy list. "You know you are addicted to paddling if:" Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09/17/17 at 14:00:09

Jaybee   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Knoxville, TN

You

Are

Not

Alone!

I've had countless times of scrounging around for a post-it note, napkin or the back of a business card after awakening at 3:47 am - just so I can sketch out that perfect idea for a boat mod that I literally dreamed up.

I've been known to spend hours out in the garage with one of the boats just staring and 'thinking'.  Fortunately my wife is a big football fan.  We both have our passions so this works.

At least 6 of the big, deep drawers of a chest of drawers in the garage are dedicated to misc. boat stuff - padding, tubes, SS and aluminum parts, wood, fiberglass, resins and epoxy, paint and trim stripes. There are also parts of projects that didn't work out as planned or are no longer needed. It's all 'good' stuff and much of it does get recycled into new projects.

I am not expecting delivery on my new boat until sometime in December.  As I type this I already have a 10-item list of modifications to do as soon as it arrives.

And fortunately, I am able to paddle all year long.

Jim
Boat # 3489
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 09/17/17 at 16:41:36

Dead Last Johnnie O   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
3X Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran
See me on land? Tell me
GET BACK IN BOAT!!!
Belton,Mo

I was talking to Fred and he stated it MIGHT be an addiction IF it had been YOUR child's party. Otherwise, it aint an addiction. . .yet.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

DLJ

The faster you can go, the less time you'll be in pain-FlyinLow
 Don't stop--West Hansen 
 DEAD LAST > DID NOT FINISH > DID NOT START
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/17/17 at 19:46:39

NautiWoody   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Gardner, KS

Next son's birthday is in October. We'll see how I fair at Chucky Cheese.  Until then I will continue on distracted at birthdays for other people's kids. Hopefully they don't take offense to my actual activity of interest  Grin Tongue Tongue

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 01/15/18 at 08:53:01

HarpHype   Offline
Future Participant
Tampa, Florida

NautiWoody wrote on 09/17/17 at 19:46:39:
Next son's birthday is in October. We'll see how I fair at Chucky Cheese.  Until then I will continue on distracted at birthdays for other people's kids. Hopefully they don't take offense to my actual activity of interest  Grin Tongue Tongue

Hahaha! Same here.

Fishing Novice and Photographer at Petstreetmall.
IP Logged

Reply #5 - 01/28/18 at 23:26:02

starbor   Offline
MR340 Veteran
361-277-1214
victoria texas

after 15 plus years the surgeries will break your addiction.

361-277-1214
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 01/29/18 at 07:42:41

Jaybee   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Knoxville, TN

starbor wrote on 01/28/18 at 23:26:02:
after 15 plus years the surgeries will break your addiction.

Don't be silly.  If you are in pain from paddling than obviously you need to buy a different boat.   Wink

Jim
Boat # 3489
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 01/29/18 at 10:34:38

Dead Last Johnnie O   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
3X Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran
See me on land? Tell me
GET BACK IN BOAT!!!
Belton,Mo

And different paddle...and different pfd... and different mascot...

The faster you can go, the less time you'll be in pain-FlyinLow
 Don't stop--West Hansen 
 DEAD LAST > DID NOT FINISH > DID NOT START
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 01/29/18 at 10:59:03

MurKee Water   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

I am presently reading this at work...what does that tell you??

I once started a post about being distracted by thoughts of the 340 with pictures, I can't remember what that was entitled, some funny responses though.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print