Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ramp volunteer (Read 473 times)
09/12/17 at 09:55:38

Bob M.   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran

My 2017 race did not pan out as well as the 2014 and 2015 340s. As much as I want redemption next year I will sit it out and let somebody else try. That being said I still want to be involved. What is the process for being a ramp volunteer at one of the checkpoints from Glasgow to the end? Thanks

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 09/12/17 at 11:22:11

KY Paddler   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Madisonville, KY

2017 did go as planned for me, either.  DNF at the confluence with the Osage.

But you’re on to something.  I had a satisfying enough time being useful, helping boats beach and depart at Mokane Access and Hermann while I “hitchhiked” with kayak back to St. Charles.  It wasn’t the plan, but it helped ease the pain.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 09/15/17 at 07:28:27

Scott Mansker   Offline
Race Staff
12X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

We are working on an online sign up for 2018 volunteers with 4 hour blocks of time per shift at each checkpoint.  I've never been around any event with better volunteers than the MR340.  This past year was by far the most astounding group in sheer numbers and hours.  Wow.  Multiple caravans that hopped checkpoint to checkpoint and I never saw them sleep.  Or without a smile on their faces. 

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/15/17 at 14:16:16

GaryE   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
Mount Carroll, IL

Volunteers were the greatest this year, thank you, thank you, thank you to all of them.

One of The Legendary Carp Whisperers
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print