Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Epic V8 + extras - SOLD! (Read 781 times)
08/21/17 at 18:42:28

RugbyDoc   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
St. Charles, MO

Hi-

I've decided to replace my V8 with a new boat. That means a sale (or a divorce...taking a loss on the boat is cheaper). And I've decided to throw in a bunch of extras that I won't be needing with the new ride.

First, the boat: 2nd Gen Epic V8 performance layup with a "few" aesthetic modifications. The entirety of the deck surface has been modified with the addition of Samoan and Maori-based tribal designs, which were laser cut from vinyl and painstakingly applied over the course of 10+ hours. I've also added a bit of black paint to bring a bit more distinction to the look of this boat (John Deere Blitz Black - if you're a hotrodder, you know!). You won't find another boat that looks the same, and your ground crew won't have much trouble picking you out amongst a sea of white Epic clones on the river or lake. I'd love to tell you I have evidence that these graphics make the boat faster or have intimidated hundreds of fellow competitors...but I'm still collecting research on that subject. Smiley

The boat has a Slebos rudder. I DO NOT have an under stern rudder, although I do have the white inspection cover and rudder shaft coupler that came with the boat originally. Rudder cables have been replaced with Spectra line. Extra deck webbing has been added. Hull has scratches that are normal for 2+ years of lake training and river racing. No structural damage whatsoever.

I'm adding quite a few extras to this sale, so anyone looking for a solid MR340 ride will get many necessary items on the cheap, while I get to make a tiny bit more space in my garage. These items aren't available separately, and the package will remain intact at the sale. Included:
- Bending Branches Viper paddle (used 3x)
- Astral V8 vest, used 2 years, still floats! Smiley Includes whistle and waterproof flashlight attached
- 2 small and 1 large Sea to Summit dry bags
- Lasso lock
- Stern light (2 years old) and bow lights (new this year)
- Full Camelbak system designed for this boat, including a 2L and 3L bladder, with covers, and all tubing as pictured
- SeaLine deck back, only used in 2014 (bag has been modified and was velcroed to the boat above my knees)
- Suspenz kayak hooks for hanging this bad boy on your garage wall
- Section of spare Thermorest padding
- Rudder flag

I think that covers it. Pics can be seen by following this link:
https://imgur.com/a/l79MQ

I'm asking $2000 for the lot. First come first served. The boat will be available for possession after Saturday, August 26th. I am willing to drive 100 miles in any direction from the STL area to facilitate pickup. Send me a PM if interested or with any questions, or text me at 2 eight 1 - 245 - seven 595. Thanks very much.
« Last Edit: 09/09/17 at 11:17:52 by RugbyDoc »  

You know you are a kayaker when you can't go over a bridge without looking for water under it.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/27/17 at 09:42:55

RugbyDoc   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
St. Charles, MO

Bump with a price change.

I'll let everything go, boat and all extras listed, for $1900.

Or, I'll let the boat go, with only the hydration system added, for $1700.

This ski is a good choice for the MO river. I averaged a little over 9.5mph during the 40 mile Race for the Rivers yesterday, which is reasonable considering the boat had to haul my fat arse through the "yard sale" condition of the river. Grin

I'm going to list the boat for sale on other sites today. Contact info is found above. Have a nice Sunday, everyone.

You know you are a kayaker when you can't go over a bridge without looking for water under it.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 09/04/17 at 13:54:02

RugbyDoc   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
St. Charles, MO

Final price change. I'm heading out of the country in a few weeks and would like to have boat sold and delivered before then.

$1600 or best offer for boat by itself (no gear).

If you want/need additional gear, everything in pics is available and I'll make the buyer a package deal.

Thanks. I hope everyone is enjoying a safe holiday.

Barry

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 09/09/17 at 11:18:23

RugbyDoc   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
St. Charles, MO

Boat has found a new home.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print