Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Looking for Stellar 18 (Read 635 times)
08/20/17 at 07:30:41

GloryDaze   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Overland Park

Planning on an upgrade, in the market and targeting the Stellar line of boats. Holding out hope someone in the KC area may be looking to sell.

I have seen a few here but I am priced out of them. I would like to test paddle prior to purchase. I am 6'4 and 215 lbs, so not sure how well I will fit.

Shoot me a note or a PM if you may be in the market to sell. $2,000 give or take is as much as this paddler will spend.

Not looking for a surfski, only a SINK.....

Thanks-

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/20/17 at 08:11:49

Gene   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Roeland Park, KS

It's in Alabama, but it is a Stellar and it is in your price range

http://www.rivermiles.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1497962366

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/20/17 at 11:48:15

GloryDaze   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Overland Park

I know, I saw that... just can't paddle it in advance, with my build I have to get a feel for the fit prior to pulling the trigger.

What's the layup on it?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/20/17 at 15:45:41

Gene   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Roeland Park, KS

don't know the layup; it's not my boat for sale.  but anyone who is trying to sell a boat would be hard pressed to say no to a request for a test paddle with no obligation to buy.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 08/20/17 at 16:07:32

GloryDaze   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Overland Park

Thanks Gene, good luck getting it sold. Looks like a nice boat and I am sure there is someone who knows the boat a little better than me and can pull the trigger sight unseen. Just not gonna work for me.

With all due respect, would you buy a car out of state, online if you never test drove it or didn't even know what model you were buying? I guess I figured my initial post would be considered some sort of interest in buying a new boat.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 08/20/17 at 20:47:20

Dead Last Johnnie O   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
3X Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran
the turtle's name is Fred
Belton,Mo

GloryDaze,

I do not think Gene owns the boat nor is he selling it therefore he cannot say whether the owner would allow a test paddle.

The general thought is no one would expect to buy a used boat without a test paddle. It would be up to the prospective buyer to go try it out wherever it is located or strike a compromise with the seller if it is a distance away.
DLJ

Fred--That is unless you are DLJ and you buy a canoe that is 800 miles away. Cheesy

The faster you can go, the less time you'll be in pain-FlyinLow
 Don't stop--West Hansen 
 DEAD LAST > DID NOT FINISH > DID NOT START
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 08/20/17 at 21:02:36

GloryDaze   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Overland Park

Roger that- I may have been confused. Sorry for muddying the waters..... so, back to my initial post. If someone in the general area of KC is looking to sell, lemme know as I would like to upgrade.

Thanks,

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 08/21/17 at 08:38:04

Jaybee   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Knoxville, TN

If it helps at all in reference to the red/white Stellar Gene mentions:

I saw this boat at a race on Fontana Lake a couple of weeks ago.  I wasn't there to look at buying it, just interested as we were racing in the same class.  It looks to be in excellent condition.  I don't know the guy selling it other than to confirm that it was the same boat I saw on Rivermiles.

Jim
Boat # 3489
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 08/21/17 at 15:08:33

MudBug   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran

As to fit.  You will.  I paddle a S18R and am 6'3" plus and 205 and it fits just perfect with room to spare in the footbrace.  Great boat.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 08/22/17 at 12:15:10

hard water   Offline
Future Participant
mpls

have an S18S Advantage layup white/black stripes. About 4 yrs old and paddled  VERY LITTLE.  Excellent over all condition for $1600. Have other boats and doing more tripping only reason I would consider selling and get into someone hands who would use. Located in Mpls Mn and good  wide comfortable seat. Call 612-801-9691 if you want more info.

located in MPLS

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 08/22/17 at 14:30:17

Patrick M   Offline
Future Participant

Hard Water,

Left you a voicemail a bit ago. Would love to talk about the surf ski. I am located in Chicago and I am looking to do the MR340 next year. Looking for either a kayak or a surf ski to start practicing on this fall and next year.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 08/22/17 at 21:17:09

Hoot   Offline
Future Participant

I also paddle an S18R I'm 6 ft 3 and weigh 225 and it fits me confident you'll fit just fine in an S18R. I had a background in long distance paddling in all sorts of conditions and was working on becoming an instructor when the racing bug bit me at my advanced age. I chose the S18R because it was more like what I was used to especially in rough water and have paddled it in some bad conditions training and racing. This year's Epic Shootout was a nightmare with the 30-40 mph winds creating 2.5-4 ft waves but the S18R got this old man to Lexington safe but scared.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 08/23/17 at 11:03:45

SaminHSV   Offline
Future Participant

Come to HSV and try it on the Tennessee River.  It is an Advantage build.  256 656 057 one.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 08/24/17 at 11:24:38

GloryDaze   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Overland Park

Thanks for all the info from everyone- I really appreciate that! I wished a trip to Huntsville was within reason, unfortunately the Mountains are calling my name this year.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print