Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Garmin (Read 685 times)
08/19/17 at 11:59:15

Ridge   Offline
Future Participant
Belmond, IA

Hi All,

I have a Garmin GPSMap 64st. I am looking for a Missouri River map to include channel and wing dike info. Satellite imagery would be a plus. I am looking for Garmin downloadable or micro sd card installs.

Which map set is everyone else using? I can't seem to find the info I am looking for on the Garmin website.

Thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/24/17 at 16:45:43

Ben   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kansas City

Not exactly what you're looking for, but the MR340 Pro Paddler App is very helpful for finding the channel and displaying wing dikes.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/24/17 at 18:48:50

Notorious D.A.D.   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Wichita KS/Scottsdale AZ

I'm using a channel track that somebody made and put on the forum a while back.  This is the first year that I've used it, but it was spot on and more than once I passed somebody who was going in a straight line between the crossing markers, while the magic line on my GPS showed more of a sweeping curve.

It's just the channel, not the dikes, but I'll attach it here in case you want it.

I agree that the ProPaddler app is really cool.  In fact I bought a used Samsung phone just to run the app, but it's a battery killer with the screen on and if you shut the screen off all that "turn right- turn left" every 2 minutes gets old fast.  I only used the pro paddler app when I was trying to find a boat ramp in the dark at night.

MR_340_2013_001.gpx (447 KB | 98 )
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 08/25/17 at 14:11:13

Ridge   Offline
Future Participant
Belmond, IA

Thanks all!

I don't have an android phone, nor am I really interested in adding more electronics to my repitoire. IA already look like batman with all my gadgetry. I'll try out the .gpx file. Lord knows the folks at garmin just want to sell me a strictly marine unit.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 08/31/17 at 09:08:53

NateM   Offline
Future Participant
Columbia, MO

I used the ProPaddler app this year, too and found that it was great...but I'd rather use my Garmin (even with my phone secured on a Ram mount and tied on I still feel a little anxious about it floating away).

Thank you for posting the channel file!

Angry Zombeavers #1989, DNF 2017

Need a Bumfortable seat? How about a ZRE paddle? Message me! midwestpaddleadventures@gmail.com
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print