Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Thank you! (Read 610 times)
08/12/17 at 15:47:07

welsh4life   Offline
Future Participant
Cameron MO

I thought this would be the best spot to give thanks to so many folks who made the trip amazing!  I finished!  Which was my goal and I did better than I thought do to friends along the way like Beth, Russ, Buck, Sam, and Emily!  My ground crew was perfectly trained due to this forum.  I was trained to a tee thanks to 340 Paddler videos on Youtube!  The crews at the boat ramps were amazing!  People along the route who would see your boat number, look it up and yell your name were AWESOME!  Thanks to the people who made this a dream come true.  It was an honor and pleasure to paddle with all of you!
Going where the river takes me!
Donn

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 08/12/17 at 19:42:26

GoneOutdoors2   Offline
MR340 Veteran
St. Peters, MO

You could not have said it better!  I still dont want this to be over!  Thanks to all!

Russ

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 08/14/17 at 01:15:29

D. Turley   Offline
Future Participant
Shawnee, KS USA

It has that day after Christmas feeling about it.  Like an annual festival of the paddle where every act was original and awesome.  Everyone was experiencing a different story; hundreds of them playing out before our very eyes. Hearing the rumors about different paddlers being discussed on the ramps was mesmerizing and Every rumor of another fallen paddler was gut wrenching and yet the drama played out in real time and keeping up with all of it was impossible.  I look forward to seeing each of you involved with this race year after year for decades to come.

D.Turley
Captain of the Pook Turtle
Team-Green Eggs and Ham
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print