Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here and have C1 sizing question. (Read 583 times)
07/08/17 at 08:48:28

LRRP   Offline
Future Participant

Hello,

I'm from Michigan, rookie at paddling and currently own a Crozier J201 C1.  I fluctuate between 195lbs and 205lbs athletic build. 

I find I tip over easily.  In my research I have read how tippy the J201 can be, however I wonder if I'm too large for the canoe.  Or am I just getting too frustrated too early.  This is my second year and last year I didn't have much time to paddle.  I find I make less time for paddling because I get frustrated. 

So I guess the advice I am looking for is;
1.  Do I get a C1 that is more suitable for my size? Is the J201 too small for me?
2.  Or do I put down my pacifier quit whining and put in the time to learn this canoe?   Meaning it's an ok size for me. 

If I am missing any information that may be helpful let me know.  And thanks in advance to anyone that has any input.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/08/17 at 09:04:36

C1Paddler   Offline
Future Participant

Sent you a PM

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/09/17 at 12:02:50

starbor   Offline
MR340 Veteran
361-277-1214
victoria texas

if the wings are not in the water your ok. lower the seat and that will fix the stability problem.

361-277-1214
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 01/15/18 at 08:53:55

HarpHype   Offline
Future Participant
Tampa, Florida

starbor wrote on 07/09/17 at 12:02:50:
if the wings are not in the water your ok. lower the seat and that will fix the stability problem.

Thanks for the tip. I'll be keeping this in mind as well.

Fishing Novice and Photographer at Petstreetmall.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print