Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New here and have C1 sizing question. (Read 315 times)
07/08/17 at 08:48:28

LRRP   Offline
Future Participant

Hello,

I'm from Michigan, rookie at paddling and currently own a Crozier J201 C1.  I fluctuate between 195lbs and 205lbs athletic build. 

I find I tip over easily.  In my research I have read how tippy the J201 can be, however I wonder if I'm too large for the canoe.  Or am I just getting too frustrated too early.  This is my second year and last year I didn't have much time to paddle.  I find I make less time for paddling because I get frustrated. 

So I guess the advice I am looking for is;
1.  Do I get a C1 that is more suitable for my size? Is the J201 too small for me?
2.  Or do I put down my pacifier quit whining and put in the time to learn this canoe?   Meaning it's an ok size for me. 

If I am missing any information that may be helpful let me know.  And thanks in advance to anyone that has any input.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 07/08/17 at 09:04:36

C1Paddler   Offline
Future Participant

Sent you a PM

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/09/17 at 12:02:50

starbor   Offline
MR340 Veteran
361-277-1214
victoria texas

if the wings are not in the water your ok. lower the seat and that will fix the stability problem.

361-277-1214
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print