Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Kentucky River 255 - July 11-15 (Read 416 times)
03/16/17 at 10:22:38

Nutty Buddies   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Englewood, Colorado

HI all
I'm wondering if anyone is planning on doing the KR255 in  July? If so,  they allow racers to share support crews and I'm hopeful of finding a support crew to share as I'll be traveling solo. Thank you in advance.
Les

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 03/16/17 at 16:46:48

Jaybee   Online
2X MR340 Veteran
Knoxville, TN

You can share a support crew with more than one boat. There is the requirement that the support vehicle be able to evac all the boats that they are supporting. Also, the ground crew must be at each of the 14 portages to help their boat(s) get through. So it will work to have more than one boat with the same ground crew as long as the boats are traveling at near the same speed.

Adding in on edit:  Some of the drive times between checkpoints/portages are going to be a little tight.  For example:  From checkpoint #1 (lock #14) to checkpoint #2 (lock #13) by water is only 9 miles so a fast boat could be there in 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or so.  It's at least a 45 minute trip by car to get from CP#1 to CP#2 as over half the road is a one lane gravel.  That's fine if you are in the first group traveling in but if your boat is behind the leaders by any distance and your GC is driving in as other GC's are heading out it will take much longer to drive as there are many places where it's almost impossible to pass without searching for a wider spot.
« Last Edit: 03/16/17 at 22:37:16 by Jaybee »  

Jim
Boat # 3489
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print