Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Who's Getting Out & Where (Read 609 times)
02/18/17 at 08:13:55

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

70* weather in February? Got to get on the water! Safety first, of course, as water temps are cold. Who is getting on the water and where are you paddling? Thought this thread might be able to connect forum members looking to get OTW and join up.

Probably will get on the MO River at St. Charles and paddle to either Sioux Passage State Park or the confluence of MO River and Mississippi. Anyone else?
« Last Edit: 02/18/17 at 19:14:43 by Steve W »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/18/17 at 18:27:19

MurKee Water   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Just able to do a quick paddle across to the sandbar by Jamison island. Fantastic.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/18/17 at 23:05:21

Missouri Shooter   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kansas City, Missouri

1st trip on the Missouri this year training for the MR 340 race. KC gage 11.9, air temp 68, water- cold, not much wind. Parkville Mo RM 378 to Kaw Point RM 367.5 (Confluence of Missouri & Kaw rivers)10 miles. Total trip time 2 Hrs 15 min.  Three sandbar stops to explore. Joey D. If you hit a baseball out of the park with your name on it I have it. Total ball count 4 for this trip- all paddlers know the Mo is a ball magnet. New Eddyline Shasta 16 ft. tandem is the fastest boat I have owned. Paddled it rigged for solo today and top speed with best effort was 9.7 mph (yep the Russians have obviously hacked the GPS). Was able to cruise at 7.3 mph in some areas with little extra paddling effort but generally cruised at 6.3 mph. Saw only one other kayaker who left Parkville as I was arriving.

IMG_0383.JPG (270 KB | 98 )
IMG_0383.JPG

Don--Missouri Shooter Boat#3159
Eddyline Shasta for 2017 or Epic V7 for 2017 MR340
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 02/22/17 at 18:54:55

MeghanV   Offline
Future Participant

I'll be getting on the river in the coming weeks in the Leavenworth area and looking for folks to paddle with. MO Shooter if you're going to do Parkville to Kaw Point again let me know, I'd be glad to join you. Same goes for anybody else paddling anywhere between St. Joe and Kaw Point!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print