Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What I am Thankful For... (Read 1055 times)
11/22/16 at 15:57:16

bigfoot   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Spring Hill KS

...My family and friends.

Tailwinds and overcast (no lightning) conditions. Camaraderie and the outdoors.

You?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 11/22/16 at 22:30:14

Jaybee   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Knoxville, TN

I have three sons, ranging in age from 19 to 25.  The 19 year old still lives at home but will be leaving to study abroad for 6 months after the first of the year.  The 25 year old is in the Air Force and managed to come home on leave for 10 days to cover this Thanksgiving.  Our 23 year old has been in Australia / Thailand part of the world for the last year and a half and we had no expectations of seeing him for another year or so.

A few days ago, our wandering middle child walked in our door.  Totally unexpected. He'll be home until the first of the year. 

So I am very thankful to have all of my sons together under one roof - at least for awhile.

Jim
Boat # 3489
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 11/24/16 at 10:15:44

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Thankful for my wife, son, friends, my dogs and the health of all previously mentioned. Also grateful for meeting good people through paddling, tailwinds and peaceful paddles.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 11/25/16 at 07:37:27

MeghanV   Offline
Future Participant

Thankful for life, God, and the chance to live where there are wild rivers, huge mountains and amazing people. Well, I have to drive to get to the mountains. But they're there.

Pretty awesome to see what the preceding people are thankful for. Good stuff  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print