Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mo River, St. Charles to Confluence 10/1 (Read 1186 times)
10/02/16 at 09:20:15

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Did the Blanchette Landing to Bellefontaine boat ramp yesterday. Beautiful day to be on the river but as usual, saw no other paddlers. Pulled out, loaded canoes and saw two women in a tandem passing the ramp. Yelled that they put in at St. Charles, they are Rivermiles members and we're going to the confluence area. Anybody know who it was? Would be fun to make the trip with other members.
Also, looking to go with a small group of paddlers from St. Charles to the Arch before it gets cold. Nice fall color trip Smiley!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/03/16 at 11:33:13

AndyC   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran

Hey There Steve. A trip from St Charles to Downtown sounds fantastic. If I'm open that day I'll join you.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10/04/16 at 05:06:11

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Sounds great, Andy. How about the weekend of 10/15-16? Thinking the colors will be a little more vibrant & can watch which day would be better weather / water conditions. Also avoids any conflict with this weekends' Race to the Dome if anyone else would like to go along.
It's approximately 40 miles, so even being a slower paddler, thinking an 8:30 to 9AM is early enough of a launch from Blanchette Landing. Have been reading about chain of rocks & how to get through. Many paddlers portage on the left bank, which is what I'm thinking of doing. Open to suggestions & hearing from others who've done it.

Still haven't found the tandem team from last Saturday...

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 10/04/16 at 08:10:22

AndyC   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran

Hey There - will be fishing Colorado that weekend! Don't change your plans around me but I am open one day the following weekend (not sure which one) and wide open the last weekend in October.
Keep me posted!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 10/08/16 at 20:24:29

MeghanV   Offline
Future Participant

Hey guys, I am racing on the Kaw the weekend of the 15th (can't wait) but I am also interested in paddling from St. Charles to the Arch. I am not sure how to make it work with three paddlers though as far as the shuttling would go. Unless one of your vehicles would hold three kayaks... Pretty sure mine would only carry two. I have a smallish SUV and I rooftop my kayak with no rack, just foam pads and tie downs.

I would highly suggest taking this idea to the Facebook page. A lot of people see that frequently who maybe don't come to this site as often. We might be able to get more people interested. It truly is a beautiful time of year for that stretch of river(s)!

Anyway if one or both of you would like to plan for the 22nd or the 23rd, preferably the 22nd, and if you think we could work out the shuttling, let me know. Thanks!

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 10/09/16 at 15:43:42

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Hi Meghan; The 22nd sounds good to me, with rain date the 23rd. The rack on our car is set up for canoes. If your blocks can work on the 'aero' style Yakima rack, it has room. Would be fun to have a Rivermiles group and share the experience! I don't have a Facebook page but if you or someone wants to post, it would reach more people.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 10/10/16 at 22:22:03

MeghanV   Offline
Future Participant

Sent you a pm.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 10/11/16 at 07:40:31

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

MeghanV wrote on 10/10/16 at 22:22:03:
Sent you a pm.

Thought reply was sent but was sitting in the draft box. PM'd with suggestions Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print