Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Quick Rudder System Install (race 9/17!) (Read 870 times)
09/07/16 at 22:03:02

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Anyone within proximity of St. Louis that can install a canoe rudder system quickly? Otherwise, will go with a much heavier option for Riverthon on 9/17. PM or reply here. Thanks in advance for suggestions / considerations.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/01/16 at 08:54:05

Dinger19   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Springfield, Mo.

Steve W,
Did you any luck with the rudder system installation?
Im looking at taking on a winter project of installing a rudder to my Sawyer.
Just curious, if you found someone who is building canoe rudders
thanks

If you continue to do as you have always done, then expect to get what you always got.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/01/16 at 09:25:00

Steve W   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran

Hi Dinger19,

Ryan Slebos near KC installed a really nice rudder / pedal system & really knows his stuff! He accommodated my request for a custom rudder based on the Kruger Sea Wind rudder. His usual rudder is different and I'm sure very good. The rudder works beautifully with the pedals, which are fully adjustable. The system is simple in design, which is a plus on the river. Ryan also did a couple of other modifications and was very reasonable on charges.

Could not find someone in St. Louis but in hindsight, have to say the long trip for drop-off & pickup were well worth it Smiley. Would recommend contacting Ryan if interested.

As always, paddle safe.

Steve W.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/01/16 at 10:11:12

Dinger19   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Springfield, Mo.

Thank you Steve W. and happy holidays

If you continue to do as you have always done, then expect to get what you always got.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print