Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The DISPATCH, August 6, 2016 (Read 3050 times)
01/23/16 at 17:50:29

Scott Mansker   Offline
Race Staff
12X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

The DISPATCH Race
16 miles on the Missouri River
Saturday, August 6th, 2016
9am

http://justaroundthepointe.com/the-dispatch-canoe-race

Starts at 291 Mo River access boat ramp
Finishes at Fort Osage Boat Ramp

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 05/07/16 at 10:20:23

traci-lynn   Offline
8X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
2X Kawlloween Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Gritty Fitty Record Holder
Lees Summit, Missouri

DISPATCH RACE UPDATE

Everything is in place for a GREAT Day out at FORT OSAGE on Race Day!!

The Militia Fort Re-enactors have Officers lined up to both hand out and receive Dispatches. They also have some militia guys lined up to shoot a volley, from their rifles, to start the different race's and at various other times to keep the visitors entertained!

It going to be a fun day!

It should be a Great Event for kids!!

Even if your racing solo, bring your kids out to see the Re-enactors. Its a WONDERFUL Opportunity to see them up close if you have never been out to Fort Osage before for Militia Re-enactor Day.

I am also working with Hy-Vee to try and get some giant Turkey Legs out there for lunch for all of the racers!!

As of right now, they are not sure if they can do this (Giant Turkey Legs), but they are looking into it.... otherwise, they said they know for sure they can get a Full Turkey or a roasted pig.... 

I am trying to keep with the 1800's theme for food.

I would LOVE to hear from all of you regarding lunch.... if Hy-Vee cant get the turkey legs... would you all want a full turkey sliced up or a roasted pig?

There will be extra food for visitors and family members to purchase... so I want to make sure it's something that everyone will want.

I think, to make sure I purchase enough food for everyone, when you sign up, under the comments, please let me know, to the best of your ability, if there will be family or friends with you that may want to purchase a lunch as well.

Remember, EVERY adult racer will get 3 tickets for admission into Fort Osage... every child racer will get 1 ticket (children's racing fee is only $10.00)

So, don't plan on racing real fast and loading up and heading home... make it a Family Day and plan to spend some time out at the Fort and the new Museum.

REMEMBER.... ALL PROFITS FROM THIS RACE IS GOING BACK TO FORT OSAGE TO HELP RESTORE AS MANY OF THEIR FALLEN OVER TOMBSTONES AS POSSIBLE!

Thanks All!!

Traci Martin

"dont tell me what I Can't do, .... let me show you what I Can do"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - 07/15/16 at 09:36:19

MudBug   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran

Traci,
Am definitely going to participate.  Just curious if we have anyone shuttling since the trip between start and finish is say 25 minutes.  I am flying solo so need a shuttle if available.

Thanks for doing this.  Looking forward to taking part.

ts

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 07/15/16 at 09:39:10

Manitou Paddler   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
2X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
4X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran

Tom...I am likely to do this race too....we can set up a shuttle

Bryan

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 07/15/16 at 14:13:12

traci-lynn   Offline
8X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
2X Kawlloween Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Lees Summit, Missouri

Tom and Bryan,

Excellent Question.

Yes,

We will have a shuttle system available.

I have a kayak trailer that will hold up to 5 kayaks or 1 canoe and 2 kayaks... I have a Fort Osage volunteer that will be driving my car and trailer back and forth as needed.

Traci

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 07/15/16 at 14:27:34

MudBug   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran

Awesome!  And Bryan....going ride your wake like a rented mule!!!  Smiley

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 07/28/16 at 11:00:41

Hoot   Offline
Future Participant

We will be there Traci it has a race plus my wife and I both love history from that era so it should be quite the adventure.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 08/05/16 at 07:31:38

Kirk Freels   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
3X Gritty Veteran
Race Volunteer
Oak Grove

Traci - what time is the shuttle starting? I might have to use it. Also is the shuttle parking at the river access or at the Fort parking lot?
                                  Thanks!!

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you got
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 08/05/16 at 09:22:37

MudBug   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran

Me too!  Planning on getting to the start around 8 AM to leave time for shuttling.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 08/07/16 at 13:39:42

Middlekid65   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
Lees Summit

Traci ..

What a great day yesterday .. we sure appreciated the opportunity to be out on the river with other paddlers on such an awesome day..

Thanks again for all the work you put into planning!

Jody
Blistered Sisters
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 08/27/16 at 19:32:05

traci-lynn   Offline
8X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
2X Kawlloween Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Lees Summit, Missouri

Thank you to EVERYONE that came out to the DISPATCH RACE!!

I wont be here next year to act as the Race Director... but hopefully someone will step up and keep it going until I can come back in 2018.

It was definitely a learning experience!

Several things I would do differently... but its a work in progress!

I have had several people ask about the race results... I had them posted last week on JustAroundThePointe and on the Fort Osage websites.

Here is a direct link to Just Around The Pointe...

http://justaroundthepointe.com/dispatch-race-results-for-2016

Thank you Everyone!

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 08/27/16 at 20:20:38

S. Tretter   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran

I want to thank you Tracy, I know this was a labor of love. I can't fathom the amount of work that went into it. But I want to thank you. It was an awesome event. It was a most beautiful day. I have to say, seeing all the new faces of people being on the river for the first time was amazing. What a fantastic event to bring attention to a body of water that so many of us enjoy.

That being said, I have no idea what my future looks like, but I would love to be a partner in keeping this going.

susan
IP Logged

Reply #12 - 08/27/16 at 20:55:33

abcnkc   Offline
Future Participant

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print