Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln MercuryFarmer's InsuranceLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfittersprojectathena.org healthyriverspartnership.comMidwest Paddle AdventuresPaddle KC
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2015 Race to the Dome (Read 8236 times)
01/26/15 at 13:34:05

oakcabinpaddler   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
Columbia, MO

I am working on my travel schedule for next fall. Has a date been set for the 2015 Race to the Dome?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 01/26/15 at 16:34:47 by oakcabinpaddler »  

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.
--André Gide, French author
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 02/01/15 at 09:31:20

Murkee Water 2.0   Offline
Ground Crew Veteran
Franklin, MO

It was Saturday October 11 last year, this year's date has not been set from what I could tell but I'm assuming it will be around that. I would guess it would be Saturday October 10.

Duke

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 02/02/15 at 14:45:41

Manitou Paddler   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
3X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Patrick told me that he is thinking of giving the race to the dome a rest this year....or more accurately he needs the rest (time)....he has been mega busy already this year

However, it is early and he may still rally, especially if we can find ways to help him

But for now the race to the dome has a question mark over it.  It has served as a fund raiser for Missouri River relief....so I would like to see it come back. 

Folks don't sometimes realize what it takes to put on a race......and last year I cringed when there was grousing about divisions and youth participation,etc

My view is that we paddlers should be stoked folks organize these races and if you want something different ....perhaps organize the perfect race as you see it....otherwise be cool about it and thankfull someone is making the effort.  hope that makes sense to everyone.....we should offer solid props to anyone who puts a race on.

Patrick and Scott have set the bar ....with stickers, shirts, safety boats, medals for all participants etc.....and for the dome Patrick even arranged music, free beer , catered food, wine for all divisions and other sponsors and on and on.....serious amount of back work to get to race day.....he has my respect  Smiley

Just wanted to let folks know what up

Bryan

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 02/02/15 at 16:24:43

Dan_VS_Wild   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
GO OUTSIDE. DO COOL STUFF.

R2D is one of the best put together races I have attended, those folks do a great job

Why can't you trust a tree? Cause they're shady, man.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - 02/02/15 at 16:47:28

MudBug   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran

Amen Bryan!  I love this race.  What a perfect way to bring the season to a close.  Let's all pitch in and help out to keep this awesome race going!  I look forward to it every year.  Great outing, super way to get with friends, and support our lovely river as well.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 02/03/15 at 17:14:07

MurKee Water   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

This was our first time doing race to dome, me solo and the inaugural race for MurKee 2.0, I'd hate for it to be the last. A great race from start to finish. Good food, warm fire, Burr Oak beer, metals and wine for prizes and.. Wait for it... Chick Fil A!
I'm not good at anything and terribly busy but glad to do what I can to help ensure the race continues.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 02/03/15 at 21:30:10

Rusty Coons   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran

I'm with Murkee,
I loved my first Race to the Dome in 2014. I'm up in KC but if there's anywhere we can ease the load up here let us know.
Rusty Coons

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 02/04/15 at 06:57:02

Ground Crew Veteran
Franklin, MO

Totally agree with everything that's been said. Coming around that last bend and seeing the capital building above the fall leaves is one of the coolest things. Props to the guys that run that thing.

Duke

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 02/18/15 at 17:12:55

rivertrash   Offline
13X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
Kawnivore Safety Boat Pilot
Race Volunteer
Columbia, MO

OK...now i see where the rumor started Smiley

We've discussed this with Patrick and he is ready for another year!

October 17. Bring it!

We are sorry it's so close to the Kawloween but this is the only weekend that fit River Relief's always goofy schedule.

Thanks for all the great support you guys. Feel free to put out your ideas here to make it better.

Patrick Lynn has been the main organizer of this since the beginning and is the reason it is a class act race. Thanks Patrick!

IP Logged

Reply #9 - 02/18/15 at 20:00:04

Manitou Paddler   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
3X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Smiley

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #10 - 02/19/15 at 19:19:41

brian and marilyn   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
Kawnivore Safety Boat Pilot
Kawnivore Veteran
Eldon MO

Love this race. The distance is perfect.

And it's close to home.

Ya know I'll be there!

Brian

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 02/19/15 at 21:23:18

MudBug   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran

already on my calendar.  Will try to bring some friends this year.  And ditto...the distance is indeed perfect.  Also great to see friends and share some time on the river.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 02/20/15 at 09:43:06

gersus   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
St James, MO

This race hasn't worked with my schedule in the past but I've always heard great things about it. Glad it's gonna happen this year and I hope to make it!

Gerry
IP Logged

Reply #13 - 02/20/15 at 17:15:07

MurKee Water   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Yes makes me a happy boy. Race to the Dome is a capital race, dadadum.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 02/20/15 at 17:20:47

Ground Crew Veteran
Franklin, MO

Lol  Huh

Duke

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print