Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln MercuryFarmer's InsuranceLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfittersprojectathena.org healthyriverspartnership.comMidwest Paddle AdventuresPaddle KC
Home Help Search Login Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lower Kaw River (Read 2002 times)
10/17/14 at 17:28:38

Michael J Blaney   Offline
Future Participant

I recently heard that the Kaw River from Kaw Point up river to the interstate (435?) is pretty benign and plenty deep for kayaks, canoes, etc.

If this is true and please feel free to correct me should I be wrong couldn't we have some informal events where you can park at Kaw Point and then go up and back down the Kaw to the starting point?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - 10/17/14 at 18:44:50

BAJA 27   Offline
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
3X Kawlloween Veteran
Kawlloween Record Holder
Blue Springs, Mo.

Mike, you heard right. I'd be up for it sometime, just need to find some willing participants. I'd leave that DL guy out of it, because he's nothing but trouble.  Cheesy

Tony

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 10/17/14 at 22:15:55

Dead Last Johnnie O   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
3X Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran
See me on land? Tell me
GET BACK IN BOAT!!!
Belton,Mo

Up to the island at 69hiway or 18th street expressway is a tad more than 5 miles. total 10 miles down and back. Used to be a group that would paddle it every Tuesday. plenty of water and basically no current.

That DL guy

The faster you can go, the less time you'll be in pain-FlyinLow
 Don't stop--West Hansen 
 DEAD LAST > DID NOT FINISH > DID NOT START
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print