Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Time/Distance/Pace Card (Read 13477 times)
Reply #20 - 07/23/15 at 15:32:31

FlyinLow   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
"Life is Entered Upon
with Courage"- A de T

Don't mind the highlighted ramps.  All of the ramps listed are usually accessible to ground crews.  I would also recommend printing of the Ground Crew Guide Books and Granny's Driving Directions, listed at the top under Important Topics .

"Don't think you're on the right road just because itís a well-beaten path." †~Author Unknown
IP Logged

Reply #21 - 07/11/16 at 15:54:08

Stiffy   Offline
MR340 Veteran

I know this is an old thread, but I have to make a post anyway to send private messages, so ....

Flyinlow: What is the column on the right of your 2015 8 am start chart? Maybe I just aint gettin it?

IP Logged

Reply #22 - 07/13/16 at 00:31:41

FlyinLow   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
"Life is Entered Upon
with Courage"- A de T

The far right column tells you what overall MPH you need to maintain to finish with your goal time. So am 8.5 overall MPH would have you finish in 40 hours.

My GPS would display current MPH, overall MPH, distance traveled, heart rate. Overall MPH is the most important number when a bank crew is trying to determine when you'll reach your next ramp or how much longer you'll be in pain.

"Don't think you're on the right road just because itís a well-beaten path." †~Author Unknown
IP Logged

Reply #23 - 01/08/18 at 10:24:55

FlyinLow   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
"Life is Entered Upon
with Courage"- A de T

We've actually had a time/distance/pace card thread, but for those who don't read every single post (you really should), I'll revive it.  If you know just a little bit of excel, you can change the MPH to fit your your estimated times.  This is all your ground crew really needs if you maintain a constant overall MPH.  They can estimate within minutes when you'll arrive at the next checkpoint (unless you stop for sleep in between). They can use the first time they see you to estimate your Overall MPH.

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 01/08/18 at 10:25:59

FlyinLow   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
"Life is Entered Upon
with Courage"- A de T

Here's the one for the 8am start.  I recommend double checking my mileage.  It's been awhile since I did, so a ramp might be off by a few miles, but all in all, it should be fairly accurate.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print