Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfitters
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
2010 Roster (236/340 boats) (Read 130973 times)
Reply #40 - 01/11/10 at 08:30:45
Scott   Ex Member

We're limited to 340 total boats.

IP Logged

Reply #41 - 01/14/10 at 04:43:42

natecanoes   Offline
MR340 Veteran

are there finishers medals for the people that complete the race?

IP Logged

Reply #42 - 01/14/10 at 06:00:12

Karin   Offline
Race Volunteer
4X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
Earth

Yep.  With ribbons even.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - 01/14/10 at 18:53:08

climbguru   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Kawlloween Record Holder
Kawnivore Record Holder
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Gritty Fitty Record Holder
Fish Tacos!!!
Jefferson City

Im have always been impressed with Rivermiles Events. They go all out. Every racer gets treated the same. Whether your in it to win, or in it to finsh. Very impressive!

You guys have made such a huge impact on my life i cant even explain. I think im like the majority of people who use this site and partake your events. With that being said i never paddled further than forty five miles in a trip before my first 340. This sport or more specifically this event has giving me new goals.

Ive been rock climbing for over 15 years avidly, ok well obsesively. I did my first 340 to train for climbing. Now i climb to train for paddling. Your events and  this site have taught me so much. The things that ive learned belong in Hopkins new thread. Karin and Scott you seem like good friends to me even though you guys probly don't even remember me.(how many racers have you met since this thing took off) Everyone who helps with your events have made a great impact on our world. Way to go.

THANK YOU
Matt Green
Aquqholic #2(small,short balding one, that talks really loud ; especially at checkpoints)
Wink

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly ... it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."  -- Thomas Paine.
IP Logged

Reply #44 - 01/15/10 at 08:32:24
Scott   Ex Member

Thanks, Matt!  You and your crew add a lot to our events.  We appreciate you guys.

IP Logged

Reply #45 - 01/15/10 at 11:49:44

Karin   Offline
Race Volunteer
4X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
Earth

This makes me think we need a photo directory, and a bio on each of you as well.  Wish we could build that into the registration form!  It's cool to hear that climging is now training for the 340, and that the race has had such an impact.  It's been that way for me too, even though I'm not paddling it.  We all hav a pretty good thing going here.

Karin

IP Logged

Reply #46 - 01/15/10 at 13:26:12

canoeler1   Offline
5X Ground Crew Veteran
Paddle like a marsupial!
Tebbetts, MO

Yeah, well, I got pictures of Matt climbing that he probably doesn't want many to see----but that never stopped me before! As the leader of the canoeler ground support team for the aquaholics, I would like to amplify on Matt's comments. I've been taking him on climbing, hiking, fishing etc adventures sent he was old enough to walk. These events are by far the most enjoyable and organized. There is always an emphasis on safety first (a must with me given I'm a Paramedic/Trauma nurse), however, no lacking of fun and down right friendship. Sure, there's always some body that takes it too seriously, but for the most part everyone involved is willing to help out anyone at any time. As before, the canoeler support team for the aquaholics extends our hands to help out-we will have first aid, coffee, Mama Canoeler's River Hash & possibly some type of single barrle small batch bourbon on hand.
YOU ARE ALL AWSOME and I will feel bad standing alone at the finish line watching our team come in first over-all this year! PADDLE LIKE A MARSUPIAL!
WOOHOO! GAME ON!

IP Logged

Reply #47 - 01/15/10 at 13:28:25

canoeler1   Offline
5X Ground Crew Veteran
Paddle like a marsupial!
Tebbetts, MO

P.S. aquaholic Cowley is in the process of getting the Gasconade 80 together-check theaquaholics.net website after this weekend for updates etc. I think. Maybe. Possibly.

IP Logged

Reply #48 - 01/15/10 at 17:05:55

Manitou Paddler   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
3X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Matt:

I too am a recovering climbing junkie....it was a major my obsession for years...mountaineering, sport climbing, traditional and even drove a few pins in my time...I stopped cold turkey 10 years ago when my son was born (not enough time and perhaps too much risk at the level I was into it at the time).

I put up a bunch of routes at the andromida and wilton bluff area....ever climb there????....these are the bluffs over the river near columbia.  Still have all the gear in my basement....never sees the light of day Roll Eyes

good thing I am no longer obssessed about any particular sport......................................................much.

Bryan

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #49 - 01/15/10 at 21:15:40

climbguru   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Kawlloween Record Holder
Kawnivore Record Holder
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Gritty Fitty Record Holder
Fish Tacos!!!
Jefferson City

one of the best routes out there i think was yours, "traverse of my dreams" nice find. the st thomas limestone is where im at most of time. steep techy sport out there. local boulders in jeff catch me running or paddling bye as well. not that i approve of trespassing but there are some nice problems to by had on the moreau. there are a few mother load boulder fields that wont be disclosed on a forum.

Ten years ago is when i started climbing at wilton and andromeda. maybe its best we never climbed together. i have a feeling you are just as intense of a guy as i am. your son is very important but im sad to hear you stopped cold turkey b/c my first son is due on the 25thof Jan!!! I understand about the risk factor though. hopefully i wont stop cold. The risk is there especially on the big stuff in red rocks or yosemite, but everything has a risk.

I think these two sports are very closely related in many aspects. For starters you have to like hard work or you wont last past the first day. You have to be a little crazy. Climbers and long distance paddlers also have to like suffering and pain.(both are common for these sports no cry babies allowed) You also get out of it what you put in it. The more you train the better you get, and specific training is the only thing that will do it. Lastly you must be very educated or very lucky. Split second decisions and expierence will always be any athletes biggest resource.

Well I guess were alittle off the subject here but i wanted everyone to know how great the river miles staff has been!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly ... it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."  -- Thomas Paine.
IP Logged

Reply #50 - 01/16/10 at 09:23:50

Hellbender   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
paddl-in dave

I suppose we could make the 340 even more interesting by requiring a couple mandatory bluff climbs along the way...

Hellbenders have flat bodies and heads, with beady dorsal eyes and slimy skin
IP Logged

Reply #51 - 01/16/10 at 16:56:43

6X MR340 Veteran

Yeah...I am intense about everything I do Tongue...but never over the back of anyone...but intense...uh that is an understatement Roll Eyes.....however I do like to pass the torch and get folks into things.....none of that "cant talk to you until you have earned your stripes"...in fact I hated the whole elitist vibe around cycling and racing....did a few ultra type events on bikes.......but hated the culture...still love to mountain bike........some day would like to do the leadville..........................speaking of bikiing...we could make the 340 a real challenge...and bike all the way back after the race......wait that has been done....uh...we could bring our bikes with us on the boat...and then pull the boat all the way back to KC after the race on trailers we built and carried with us....uh wait that has been done........I know...we could build our own boat out of trashed materials like perhaps plastic barrels...and still bike back after the race.

....the true heros of the 340.....A-dog and Black Coffee......those dudes are stinkn legends in my book.

I am not worthy!

B

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #52 - 01/16/10 at 19:55:08
Scott   Ex Member

IP Logged

Reply #53 - 01/17/10 at 18:55:32

Ladsurfski   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
5X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Record Holder
Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran

That's turning out to be one heck of a crew!!!

IP Logged

Reply #54 - 01/17/10 at 20:04:08

6X MR340 Veteran

my hope is to become a tacit member of the crew...by riding their mega wake....locked into the stern wake like a tick.......you know...like being part of the lions kill....by being a parasite that goes along for the ride......thats right.....my new moto and boat decals are on order....1313 team tape worm.

that is until they start emptying the bilge...then I may have to break off and fend for myself.......the bilge on that boat on day two will make OFF spray look like light beer.

Huh

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #55 - 01/17/10 at 20:13:05
Osprey   Ex Member

I are not a swill drinkin' barnacle meself, but me fellow galley slaves will be full o' the grog, which is certain to make our bilge spew nectar for them that are lucky enough to be under the font.  We be ciferin' how to charge booty for the pleasure!

In all seriousness, the wash riders of the dragonboat best keep an eye out for a capsize.  If this barge goes over it could take a few others with it and those entering the water don't want evidence of a bow of a canoe or kayak across their forehead.

See ya'll soon!
Dan

IP Logged

Reply #56 - 01/18/10 at 12:47:26

Val82   Offline
Future Participant
Cedarcreek, MO

Scott, if I'm going to be part of the dragon boat entry, how fast do I need to get my registration in with rivermiles? I'm definitely doing it, I just want to know how quick I have to come up with the pieces o' eight!    Tongue

Arrrrrrr mateys!
IP Logged

Reply #57 - 01/18/10 at 13:27:47
Scott   Ex Member

We'd like your voyageur team to be legit with at least 7 paddlers.  Right now, you guys look more like Team Division.  Which is fine, really.  Up to you all.  If you're having trouble getting folks, I can move you to Team until you get a bigger squad.

IP Logged

Reply #58 - 01/18/10 at 13:49:36

Christina   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran
2X MR340 Record Holder
Kawnivore Veteran
Kawnivore Record Holder
3X Gritty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran

Our ship have only 3 seats left fer paddlers.  Her belly be near full!  Me best be gettin' the cat o' nines out and ensurin' that me hearties be registerin'.  Arrr, me afeared that they be out pilagin' and a plunderin' and a lookin' at shiny objects.  Me be sendin' them a reminder.  Thank ye, Scott.

IP Logged

Reply #59 - 01/18/10 at 17:04:18

Val82   Offline
Future Participant
Cedarcreek, MO

AAARRRRRR how did ye know I was lookin' at shiny objects?! My cover be blown. I'll pillage me enemies' boats fer some gold dubloons and have 'em to ye right shortly, Scotty me matey!

Arrrrrrr mateys!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print