" />

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop Llama RacksPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com paddlestop.comOlathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature CenterSome Beach Outfitters
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print
2010 Roster (236/340 boats) (Read 129193 times)
Reply #20 - 01/03/10 at 20:34:02
Scott   Ex Member

We're accepting 340 boats this year if we can get that many.  There are 17 men's soloists waiting for the word.  I expect to get them ALL in.

Scott

IP Logged

Reply #21 - 01/03/10 at 21:22:58

Chuck Hill   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
St. Charles, MO

340 boats...  How cool would that be Scott!!!

Fortes fortuna iuvat
IP Logged

Reply #22 - 01/03/10 at 21:44:39

Barbara   Offline
10X Race Volunteer
Groves, Texas

I think we'll get it...340 for the MR340!  A testament to the spirit of the race.

IP Logged

Reply #23 - 01/04/10 at 11:09:23

Ladsurfski   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran
5X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Record Holder
Kawnivore Veteran
4X Kawlloween Veteran

Ohhh the horror when I checked out the forum this morning...I guess you snooze you lose...as I didn't turn on my computer this weekend and now I am on the men's solo waiting list...uuuuggggh!!!

Well if all else fails I might be the lone SUP paddler out there...probably/not!?!

IP Logged

Reply #24 - 01/04/10 at 17:46:21

Lohnweb   Offline
4X MR340 Veteran

Scott,

Please change our number from 1313 to 2311.  I would rather not get the the pox, bad karma, bad juju, evil hippy dippy nor the curse of a good case of head lice or swine flu boots!!!  When we bought the boat from Bryan several months ago it already had the number on it.  So I took the shortest route and registered that number.  I guess I didn't realize Bryan's emotional attachment to the number  Wink and am happy to take a new number if Bryan would kindly remove the above said curses on The Left Handed Nuclear Monkeys from Space!   Smiley

Very Much Looking Forward to the Race!

Lohn

IP Logged

Reply #25 - 01/04/10 at 19:12:26
Scott   Ex Member

You're only enabling him.

But I'll make the change.

IP Logged

Reply #26 - 01/04/10 at 19:19:37

Manitou Paddler   Offline
6X MR340 Veteran
3X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot

Lohn:

Bro you are "brah"

You have by your act of kindness......earned the number...it comes with the boat dude...did not realize who you were.

Not only will I lift the curses...but I will summon the River Gods to create a special tail wind for you and smooth water.

Keep the 1313 and do it proud.....lucky 13 rides again Smiley

Bryan 1964

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #27 - 01/04/10 at 21:49:51

6X MR340 Veteran

Lohn:

looks like Scott already made the change.....we can drive him batty and ask it to be changed back...or go with the mega karma earning move on your part and let me ride 1313 to pain and agony again.

It is your call......I cant wait to the see the ICF in action again this year......call me if you need anything...

I was only being obnoxious (a special talent of mine) on the boat number....and really dont care that much.....not much at all...it is only the number I have used for years....only the number of my house...my favorite  number...just a number a stupid number....but the coolest number in the whole world......all I need is that number, and this thermos...and this chair ...that is all I need

($1 to first person to identify the movie reference above...best movie of all time....hint 1....."i just dreamed I could fly through the air and float up and travel down that trumpet...through the valves and up to your lips.......................why didnt you?  -I  did not want to get spit on me.  hint 2 : pizza in a cup)

Bryan

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #28 - 01/05/10 at 01:31:13

Mark Bramer   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Sanity checked at the
door
Maryland Heights, MO

Are you kidding me??  Why, it's Navin Johnson, a.k.a. The Jerk!!  Awesome movie.  Can't wait to collect that dollar at the starting line...  Wouldn't wanna make you wait for me at the finish line!!

18' QCC 700X&&http://www.active.com/donate/paddle2battle&&Paddling to battle cancer one stroke at a time
IP Logged

Reply #29 - 01/05/10 at 10:03:19

WAIMANU   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran

Darn  ...I really thought I had that $1 in my pocket  ...I had already ruled out Gladiator, Dances With Wolves, The Princess and the Frog, The Next 340 Miles and ..... thought it was Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel!Undecided

Bill / Waimanu

IP Logged

Reply #30 - 01/05/10 at 18:50:31

6X MR340 Veteran

Bad news....Chuck and Di sent me a pm on this last night....but alas they did not name the movie....only that it is steve martin..........I have to consult the contest rules and hire a lawyer to determine if we need to split the prize money up...or simply call it a foul and dontate the money to charity.......or hire Iron Balls Mgantee to do some cat juggleing to figure out the winner....or have the winner hide behind some cans "he hates cans...stay away from the cans".....or perhaps raise money...because "I can send more money home soon...my girlfriend promised me a ___________ Smiley.............or best of all...perhaps a free pair of optigrabs for all contestants.

man-o-man...got to love the classics Tongue

Bryan

river is as river does
IP Logged

Reply #31 - 01/06/10 at 13:38:23

bama1   Offline
MR340 Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Ozark, Mo

Scott,
Chris and I are so ready for the 2010 MR340 we can taste it.  We bought a new boat.  We hope its faster,or maybe we need to paddle faster. Hmm.  Anywho, we can't wait. I am sure you and the team are working hard to get this up and going.  See you then.

Roll Tide
IP Logged

Reply #32 - 01/06/10 at 13:46:15
Scott   Ex Member

Heck, it's exciting.  I'm excited.  It's such relief to have the guns go off and see everyone round that bend and get through the bridges.  We have such great volunteers and safety boat crews... everyone has experience now and knows how to make it work.  River Relief is a sharp group of folks who have come along and allowed us to grow this thing.  Their boats and volunteers are top notch.  I look forward to any excuse to hang out with them and the race is a great one. 

We are looking at a fast river this year, I'll bet.  We've got snow everywhere in the watershed and more on the way.  I expect floods in the spring and early summer.  Hopefully we'll be below flood stage come late July with good weather and moonlit nights.  Another good year with everyone taking care of business out there as well as of each other.

IP Logged

Reply #33 - 01/07/10 at 18:03:38

Martin/0014   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
3X Kawlloween Veteran
Race Volunteer
Kawnivore Safety Boat Pilot
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Lee's Summit, MO

Scott, many thanks for opening the extra slots in the Solo Division.  I was facing the grim prospect of training for a tandem, a feat that requires more talent and patience than are in my grasp.  Fair winds.

"There may be no exit, but hell, I'm going in."  --Jimmy Buffet, Halloween in Tijuana.
IP Logged

Reply #34 - 01/07/10 at 18:06:37
Scott   Ex Member

We knew there was real suffering out there.  We'll clear all the "I was too busy New Year's weekend" excuses and then shut her down again.  If you want a solo spot, better send me an email fast.  scott@rivermiles.com

IP Logged

Reply #35 - 01/08/10 at 08:41:04

Russ   Offline
12X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
Kawlloween Veteran
Gardner, Kansas

it really is astounding! But I was kind of hoping the 6 guys from Slovakia had entered.  I dunno, just seemed cool that they are watching the forum . . .

IP Logged

Reply #36 - 01/08/10 at 12:51:17

rivertrash   Offline
10X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
Kawnivore Safety Boat Pilot
Race Volunteer
Whoop Up, MO

When the catastrophic flooding you predicted happens Scott, we'll have bottles of whisky down by Moniteau Creek for anyone that want's to sandbag our house. Free docking on the back porch!

IP Logged

Reply #37 - 01/08/10 at 22:35:50
Scott   Ex Member

I never said catastrophic.  But if it was, I'd be there with sandbags, no problem.

You KNOW I've got your back.

IP Logged

Reply #38 - 01/10/10 at 23:49:20

starbor   Offline
MR340 Veteran
361-277-1214
victoria texas

I've done 5 safari's and thought this was my year to give the mr340 a shot but I'm so far down the solo waiting list, it may not happen. you guys have a great race going on up there. if someone is looking for a tandem partner, give me a haller. I'm a fair paddler and love to have fun ,especially punishing myself. my cell is 361-649-7391 or email (starbor@suddenlink.net).

361-277-1214
IP Logged

Reply #39 - 01/11/10 at 08:28:14

Hellbender   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Race Volunteer
paddl-in dave

Scott- Just curious will you cap the mens tandem at any set number?

Hellbenders have flat bodies and heads, with beady dorsal eyes and slimy skin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 9
Send Topic Print