Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
rivermiles.com Missouri American WaterMissouri River Relief Alpine Shop St. James WineryPfefferkorn Engineering & Environmentalladsurfski.com Olathe Ford Lincoln Mercuryprojectathena.orgFarmer's Insurancehealthyriverspartnership.comLewis and Clark Boathouse and Nature Center2013 Stickers
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
MR340 Movies and other videos for sale! (Read 33015 times)
11/30/09 at 22:41:07

Jodi   Offline
MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Katy 50 Veteran

"The Next 340 Miles" is now for sale.  Order now to receive your copy by Christmas!

http://fs10.formsite.com/KevinPayzant/form639164048/index.html

It's a 2 disc set.  The 80 minute documentary and lots of bonus stuff.
« Last Edit: 01/02/13 at 21:19:39 by Scott Mansker »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 12/01/09 at 06:04:06

gus   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Race Volunteer
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran

ALRIGHT!!  I got mine ordered.  Can't wait.

Thanks again.
Gus

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 12/02/09 at 19:30:24

j_doggett   Offline
MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Springfield, Missouri

I order mine also, and I did not even finish this year.  The other two videos were great so I expect the same from this. Jim Cheesy

Indoor Kayak Championship, Oklahoma 2010&&Perche Creek 2010&&Gritty 2009, 2010:&&Kawlloween 2009,&&MR 340 DNF @200 - 2009 &&MR 340 2010 Finished
IP Logged

Reply #3 - 12/04/09 at 19:46:05
Scott   Ex Member

According to Jodi, the new movie is selling fast.  Still time to get yours before Christmas.  It's good stuff.  Directed by Jodi and written by Russ Payzant.  And it stars a bunch of tired, dirty, delirious paddlers.  You'll likely see someone you know.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 12/15/09 at 06:04:01

gus   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Race Volunteer
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran

I got the DVD yesterday in the mail and it was GREAT!!!!.  THANKS a million for a great job again.    I had so much fun watching it.  I got the fireplace going good and just sat back and really enjoyed the whole thing.  Great job!!!  Can't wait until next year.

Keep up the great work.

Gus.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 12/17/09 at 08:52:10

goldfishgoddess   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
The Docks, Pembrokeshire Wales

Got both DVD's yesterday (first video and the second, two -DVD set), and I watched them all.  Great job!  I think Jodi and Scott really captured the spirit of the MR340 and I really liked how positive and uplifting the videos were.  Yeah, what an awesome adventure it was!  What I saw in the videos really took me back to the event and made me smile remembering so many little things....  and of course, the great people who made it all possible for us. 

The only bad part of watching the DVD's-- the 2010 MR340 is so far away!   

For new people you might really benefit from the DVD Jodi created with West Hansen and Scott Mansker which talks about preparing for the race.  I purchased that video at the workshop last April, and it really helped me get ready and think things through. (that is to say.. as much as you can think something like this through.. hahaha).   Maybe Jodi can make a link on her web page for folks who'd like to have it.

Again, great job Jodi and Scott! 

Lots of love from Wales, United Kingdom.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - 12/17/09 at 19:28:57

Jodi   Offline
MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Katy 50 Veteran

Thanks goldfishgoddess!  I'm glad the documentaries helped you remember the race and the fun that I'm sure you had Wink

I'm also happy to hear the technique and strategy video I did with West and Scott was beneficial to you.  There's a lot that goes into preparing for, learning about and competing in the 340 and I just wanted to help out the only way I know possible...by making videos.

I hope to see you in 2010!

IP Logged

Reply #7 - 12/17/09 at 20:33:16

jlott   Offline
MR340 Veteran
O'Fallon, Missouri

Watched the video.  Great job Jodi, Russ and Scott.  Not only did it help me relive the race, but I was able to see things that I wasn't able to do to my position on the river.  Anyone thinking about doing the race in the future could learn alot from watching it.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - 12/20/09 at 19:12:49

Los Humungos   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Sometimes wears a Wally
Werderich costume

Los Humungos Paddleos gives the movie four out of four bodyslams.  Two thumbs up.

Sometimes when you are man, you wear stretchy pants...its for fun... -Nacho   
You do not get guns like these from riding a bike. -Matt Strieb
IP Logged

Reply #9 - 12/21/09 at 13:52:15

Russ   Offline
12X MR340 Safety Boat Pilot
Kawlloween Veteran
Gardner, Kansas

Wally!!!!

We've missed you Paddieos

IP Logged

Reply #10 - 12/23/09 at 14:02:41

davea   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
2X MR340 Record Holder

Jodi - thanks for the DVD's we thought they were great!!!  I watched them with my family and they really got a good feel for the race and, most importantly, the people.  I think pulling in the interviews with the support crews, families, and friends is a great way to put some context behind the race - it's not really about the distance, it's about the personal challenges faced by everyone involved whether they're on the water or providing support from dry land.  I'm always struck by the good humor and collegial support throughout the race, it's the perfect antidote for a cold, wet Seattle winter Cool.  My hat is off to you for all the work required, I'm sure you'll never be able to fully recoup the investment in time and energy necessary to pull this together but I hope you know how much we appreciate it!

IP Logged

Reply #11 - 12/23/09 at 14:47:29

Jodi   Offline
MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Katy 50 Veteran

Dave, you are too kind. 

I really wanted this documentary to encompass as much of the race as was humanly possible.  Support crews and families were just as willing to talk to the camera as veteran racers like yourself.  I certainly couldn't have done it without everyone's involvement and good spirits.

As for recouping the time and energy of filming and editing, it's satisfaction from the people who watch it that makes it all worth while.  I'm glad that I'm able to do something for the race that people can learn from, laugh at, and enjoy. 

Good luck with that cold, wet Seattle winter.  See you in 2010!

IP Logged

Reply #12 - 12/23/09 at 19:18:29

pygmy14   Offline
Future Participant

Hey are their any 2009 DVD's left???!!!

IP Logged

Reply #13 - 12/23/09 at 21:06:08
Scott   Ex Member

I'll answer this one.  Since I live directly across the street from Flaming Fiddle productions, and frequently raid the refrigerator, I can tell you that yes, there are copies available.  Though I know for a fact she sold at least 10 today.  Jodi can drive to the post office now with her eyes closed.

IP Logged

Reply #14 - 12/24/09 at 12:30:35

WAIMANU   Offline
5X MR340 Veteran

JODI  ...BRAVO!  

...great job!  ,,,you really have outdone yourself with the total package you have made available for everyone  ...as a single camera-person (for the most part)
covering a subject matter as large as 500 paddlers spread out over 280 miles at any one time, you have been able to capture the emotions, anquish to humour, the physical challenge and the spirit of the MR340  ...it was good to see the visuals carry the film as much as they did

... having such a loquacious writer (Russ) and taciturn narrator (Scott) on this project as you did, no doubt created some additional obstacles to overcome  ...although they are probably pretty passionate in their support! Wink  ...way to go guys

...the final product really does expound everyones (paddlers', filmaker's, staffs', volunteers' and support crews') exposure to the Spirit of the River.

Congratulations - now the wait!!

Bill / Waimanu

PS - keep a few copies on hand - I will use this as a tool in persuit of some sponsorship

IP Logged

Reply #15 - 01/04/10 at 22:03:37

Joewildlife   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Jackson MO

Jodi, you must have been poised at the mailbox just waiting for my order to come in! 
Thanks for the quick shipping.  I already watched it and really enjoyed it.  I look forward to seeing the Technique and Strategy video when I get a chance.

Joe

And I ain't too old to hurry
Cause I ain't too old to die
But I sure am hard to beat
Ride on
AC/DC, Ride On
IP Logged

Reply #16 - 01/05/10 at 10:39:05

Jodi   Offline
MR340 Veteran
2X Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawlloween Veteran
Katy 50 Veteran

Speedy delivery is what we strive for here at Flaming Fiddle Productions.  That and it gives me an excuse to get out of my freezing house and into the warm, toasty post office.  

The Technique and Strategy DVD is a good intro for beginners and refresher for veterans.  West really knows his stuff and Scott only gets long winded a couple of times.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - 01/05/10 at 11:15:05
Scott   Ex Member

I give the people what they want.

IP Logged

Reply #18 - 01/06/10 at 21:06:06

Joewildlife   Offline
2X MR340 Veteran
Ground Crew Veteran
Gritty Fitty Veteran
Kawnivore Veteran
Jackson MO

cool, I watched the 2009 documentary and the Ultra-Marathon CAnoe and Kayak Paddling videos!

though I've been following these forums for months and been talking to a couple veterans for advice, I still got some real thought-provoking advice, well taken, from both.

The Documentary was sucessful in getting my wife to volunteer for ground crew! Cheesy Cheesy  That was worth the cost of DVD times 10!

A bit of advice to folks considering buying these....buy 'em ALL. Buy the older documentary, buy the new documentary, buy 'em all.
Joe, aka joewildlife
they call me Downstream Joe....

Joe

And I ain't too old to hurry
Cause I ain't too old to die
But I sure am hard to beat
Ride on
AC/DC, Ride On
IP Logged

Reply #19 - 01/09/10 at 08:19:27

Coast Guard Jeff   Offline
3X MR340 Veteran
Florida

Great job Jodi, Scott, et al!!  Thank you for the effort!  Really enjoyed it.  Yep, that was my lazy butt drafting off of the four man boat...forever recorded as a wake leech....

Coast Guard Jeff
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print